Faculty of Architecture and Urbanism

Print
Created: 21 February 2014 Last Updated: 16 June 2016 Hits: 9816

 

Faculty of Architecture and Urbanism (FAU)

http://fau.edu.al


Dean: Prof.Asc. Florian Nepravishta

Email: 

 

 

Tradition from 1969

 In 1951, the Higher Polytechnic Institute was established. This date also marks the beginning of higher education in Albania. At that period, the structure of the Higher Polytechnic Institute consisted of three directions: Civil, Mechanical and Electrical. In 1957 the Institute turned into the University of Tirana where there was set up the Faculty of Engineering which included even the Civil Engineering Major. Initially, students of this branch received the title Engineer and later Engineer – Architect. The first studies in architecture began in 1969 when there were admitted the first 20 students after participating in an entry competition. They were the first generation of architects graduating in 1974. The Faculty of Civil Engineering was established in the University of Tirana in 1983 and the Branch of Architecture was part of it. Afterwards, in 1984 urban studies sector was separated from architecture. In 1993 it was founded the Department of Architecture and Urbanism, which was operational until early 2013. Finally, in January 2013, by Order of the Minister of Education and Science no. 28, date 31.01.2013 “On opening the Faculty of Architecture and Urbanism at the Polytechnic University of Tirana”, the Faculty of Architecture and Urbanism was established. 

Departments:

1. Department of Architecture 
2. Department of Urbanism
3. Scientific Research Center

Diplomas:

BACHELOR

Master of science in:

Architecture and Urbanism. Integral Program of Study of Second Level (5 years) in the Field of Architecture and Urbanism.

PhD

Architecture – Urbanism