In the Academic year 1951, the Higher Polytechnic Institute (HPI) was established in our country. This date marks the beginning of Higher Education in Albania. At that period, three Directions were involved: Civil, Mechanical and Electrical. The first Rector of HPI was Prof. Zija Këlliçi. Later, other Faculties were set up in Albania and in 1957 they all founded the State University of Tirana.
In 1991, during the previous system, all the Engineering Faculties were regrouped and the Polytechnic University of Tirana (PUT) was founded.
In 2007, as a result of the reform initiated by the Albanian government for the reformation of the scientific research in Albania, the structure of Polytechnic University of Tirana changed and currently it consists of six Faculties and one Institution of Research and Development
- Faculty of Geology and Mining
- Faculty of Electrical Engineering
- Faculty of Mechanical Engineering
- Faculty of Mathematical Engineering and Physics Engineering
- Faculty of Construction Engineering
- Faculty of Information Technology
- Institute of Geo-sciences and Energy, Water and Environment.
The first Rector of PUT was Prof. Gëzim Karapici. His successors in the post of a Rector were Prof. Emil Lamani, Prof. Tamara Eftimi and Prof. Përparim Hoxha. The current Rector of the Polytechnic University is Academic Jorgaq Kaçani. The Rector has a mandate of four years. He is elected by the academic staff, non-academic staff and the students and is nominated by the President of the Republic of Albania.
Polytechnic University of Tirana is a Public Institution.
Located at the Polytechnic University of Tirana, the amount for the registration fee is 200 EURO and includes: conference hand-outs, meals, coffee breaks and local transport.
The Mediterranean and Black Sea Region has recently witnessed a profound process of reforms and changes in the political and socio-economic spheres. more
- The new role of the University in the current regional and global context
- University management marketing
- Curricula development and implementation of Bachelor, Master and PhD study programs
- Teaching and learning technologies
- Management of RTDI projects